Thursday 4 March 2010

Nighttime thoughts

Yeah. I did it. About ten minutes ago I woke up and I can't seem to fall asleep again. Shame as I need to get up in about three hours. Anyways. Being awake at the early hours of the morning always make me ponder, and I guess that's not particularly unique.

Tonight (or last night depending on ones view on time) I was introduced to the Director General of the BBC. I knew it was going to happen and I didn't realise the massive-ness of this event until last Saturday when I was serving cocktails to an old BBC journalist at LAB. His awe slapped me straight into reality. The opportunities I get and how I appreciate them. When I told him who teaches me the art or great journalism he was astonished and I thought back to the day when my mother called me from Sweden and told me I had been accepted to the Centre for Journalism. I cried.

I have all the right tools to become a really good journalist and I need to use them more than I do.
Shorthand what?!

No comments:

Post a Comment