Wednesday 3 March 2010

Really gone to LaLa Land

Am I the only one who almost always in some way or form believes that what happens to a movie character will happen to me as well?

I mean, I don't worry about an "Atonement-situation" happening to me and the boyfriend anytime soon (the guy writes a love letter including words like the one with a C and gives it to the girl's little sister to pass it on and the lil sis reads it. First of all he would never write me a love letter and have my sister pass it on to me, it would be a terrible waste of time as my sister lives in Sweden and I share sleeping quarters with the man in question and secondly if he did do that, he would never use the C-word. What a complete lack of imagination. ) but I have discovered that I am prone to numerous versions of movie induced panics.

Tonight, after watching "Did you hear about the Morgans?" I started to panic thinking that I am infertile (I know, completely normal for a 19-year old). I still have a fear of clear iceblue waters after watching Titanic about ten years ago and can therefore not dive in tropical oceans and swimming pools as I firmly believe I will drown. Strangely dark waters work fine. Always the same thing, Izzy gets cancer on Grey's Anatomy - I am going to get cancer. People are held hostage at the bank - I am sure I will be held hostage at some point in my life.

I am very grateful that this little disorder has not stretched as far as Harry Potter. Then I'd really be in trouble...

They should put warnings up for people like me...
"Warning, may cause delusions of the infertility related kind and beliefs that a trip to the country side will save your relationship. It wont. Unless your hubbie really ís Hugh Grant, then we don't understand what the problem is."

No comments:

Post a Comment