Tuesday 10 November 2009

Brain does not compute. I am a diagnosed stressoholic.

It seems my brain has joined the rest of the world and hit recession. Perhaps last week topped off with the weekend made it hand in its resignation. Cannot read. Cannot write. Cannot understand. I can barely read about the Spanish Civil War in Swedish!

Most of this stress comes from my lecturers (whom I really really do admire most days, don't get me wrong here) who keeps telling us first years that we, pardon mon francais, suck.
We have not achieved this goal, we have not understood this theory, our work has major flaws (this most always at some point include how maaaaaarvellous the second years were last year compared to us).
What particularly stresses me to the point where I just want to get into foetal position and rock back and forth whilst mumbling "Medway has 55 councillors, Beaverbrooke, Northcliffe and Rothermere, newspaper circulation in 1939 10.6 million, don't forget the f-blends, don't forget the f-blends, Beaverbrooke, Northcliffe and Rothermere " is this: They are grumbling at all of us and I don't know whether I am included in the loser bunch or not.
Obviously (yes it is as clear as day to me) they can't speak to us individually and I do agree that we all need a kick in the butt from day to day to get some motivation but:
All I seem to hear is how bad I am.
How I am never up to scratch.
And whether I actually am or if it is just a minority of my class is not important.
I am still a target.
I can't say I made a million working as a cocktail waitress but at least my boss told me I had done a good job when I worked my ass off whether my tips was £60 or £6.
(my best friends are moving to South Africa tomorrow and I don't even have time to go and see them off at Heathrow. I am a bit fragile at the moment)

2 comments:

  1. First of all, I have to say I love the labels you put on this post.

    Secondly. You are great, honey. Don't you go wander around thinking you suck! They are clearly talking about the losers, and you are certainly not one of them.

    Keep in mind, you are the greatest, you can conquer anything you want. (referring to your header)

    love, F

    ReplyDelete
  2. hej snutte, vilka konstiga opedagogiska lärare. Sov ordentligt och skit i vad de tycker om dig eller dina klasskompisar, det är jätteotrevligt att säga så! Det är klart att du är bäst. Men det är ju jobbigt att alltid ha varit bäst och komma till ett ställe där man inte är det, men du är det ändå (om du förstår vad jag menar)

    Så, gå och lägg dig!

    ReplyDelete