Tuesday 16 February 2010

My Career - a quite possible future

My professional progress...

22 years old: Newly graduated from the CfJ. Probably slaving away at a daily doing the night shift. Commenting fiercly on life in my blog whining about society, bars, boyfriends and woman issues ehilst smoking a few cigarettes and drinking coffee.

25+: Writing feature and life stories for the Independent and/or mags. Writing comment pieces (for The Independent) where I analyze important issues such as society, bars, boyfriends, and woman-whyamialwayshungoveratworkandwhyiseveryonearoundmegettingengaged-issues whilst smoking 10 cigarettes a day drinking 2 gallons of coffee.

30+: Editor of a womans lifestyle magazine, whining in my editor's column about high heel bunions, society, bars, married life, and woman-ohmygodwhyismybiologicalclocktickingsofuckingloudly-issues whilst smoking a pack of ciggies a day and drinking nothing but triple espresso's.

35+: Probably editor of Mama magazine or similar, whining in my editor's column about my child birth experiences, how I never go out anymore, how all the famous hunks all of a sudden are younger than me and in particular constantly emphasizing how amazing I am to be a working mother in a way which makes it sound like no one has never done it before whilst drinking herbal tea and kiwi smoothies and quietly cursing quitting smoking and coffee.

40 and onwards: Editor of The Independent. Nirvana is reached.

1 comment:

  1. ...you know news happens everyday, right?

    ReplyDelete