Thursday 11 February 2010

Why Am I Not Allowed To Say I Want Kids?

When the phrase 'I want kids', or variations of it, comes out of my mouth it is mostly followed by reactions of 'You can't say that, you're only nineteen!' and 'Yeah, sure, you say that now!'
Just because I am a nineteen year old student (and not a nineteen year old chavvie without a future) people assume that my greatest joys in life is downing pints of snakebite and making PotNoodles. Not really. They also assume that simply because I want them I am aiming for pregnancy ASAP. No way.
It is the wish you are not supposed to have before 25. It is the phrase not supposed to be uttered before you are 30. Sigh. People...

P.S. Dear Boyfriend. There is no reason to be alarmed. You're safe for at least another six-seven years minimum... D.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment