Monday 1 February 2010

YES! - three days late

"There is not much that can beat this feeling.

I am through to the final round of the big fight for the Bob Friend Memorial Scholarship, in which the winner can proudly brag about £3500 and a month long work placement at Sky News. I am surpried to say the least but the joyful tears and screams over the phone to family and friends says it all. Compeating against such admirable people as Melanie Wimmer and Daniel May (the man behind incredibly funny blog YouMayBeEntertained) is making this war quite pleasant. "

- I wrote this blog on Monday night intending to publish it later that same evening. However alcohol interfeared and it ended up in my unpublished posts. I am putting it out now, even though I did not win, because goddamnit I am proud of what I did. My beloved mami even more I guess.
I am also lucky in a way because I lost out to Danny boy, who blatantly deserved it more than I did. He just knows his shit. And he's gonna buy me shoes as a consolation prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment