Tuesday 8 September 2009

Welcome to THE SCANDILOUS LIFE

Yes this would be me. Sara Malm, aged 19, Swedish girl lost in London since last september and now on my way to uni to become a journo.

I find introduction rather silly since I’ve been blogging on and off since 2006, however only in my first language. The whole idea for an English blog came when I visited my future university course’s homepage and it seemed like everyone had one. Obviously there was no way I’d find myself beaten before I even started the course so here’s the result.
I needed to come up with a name for this rampage rant-page of mine and since I’m Scandinavian and I have a tendency to do rather scandalous things (or at least say them), it was a given. So again: welcome to The Scandilous Life.


Oh well, I'll keep it short…

I moved to London and England a year ago and I’ve been working as a cocktail bartender and waitress in Chelsea and Soho since November after taking a short course in bartending. I first applied to Oxford to study English but quickly realised that it wouldn’t be right for me. So after searching UCAS very thoroughly I found the one I thought was perfect. Kent University and the Centre for Journalism. Right now that is where I stand. One foot in London and the bar world that I love with all my heart and the other halfway through a move down to Kent to start uni in exactly eleven days. We’ll see how this one goes.

Anymore for anymore?


Just finished reading about the Sudanese journalist Lubna Hussein who refuses to pay up after being convicted of indecency for wearing trousers in public. She says she’d rather go to jail on principle. Also, she comments, it’s a chance for her as a journalist to “explore the conditions in jail." That’s my girl, fuck yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment